Subject: Re: [Leica] I commend to your attention
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 21:41:55 -0800

I finally had a look at this layout and I'm sorry to say they don't do a
heck of  a lot for me, other than they look like a nice collection of happy
snaps in a foreign land that I'm sure everyone on this list can do as well,
if not better given the opportunity.

Some of you know my associate Sandy Carter, well her stuff shot in India
last year blows this collection right out of the water or certainly bends it
badly.

Her assignment was shooting on the run day after day under some severe
weather and accommodation conditions the likes none of us would think was
the Hilton.  And in some areas of northern India there were military folks
around not too happy to see a woman with a camera!

In reality these are a nice group of  "here we are in Nepal taking posed
pictures of pretty clothed people smiling in our cameras. Watch the birdie!"

Like B.D., whom I noticed didn't get wet knickers of excitement over the
site, I have to agree with him, "Like oh hum, thank you for the holiday
snaps of where you went on your trip with not too much imagination."

These are the kind of exposures anyone with a point and shoot fully auto
everything camera can walk around and knock off between breakfast and lunch
with nary a thought to being photogenic. Hey you can't go wrong exposing
film under these conditions, piece of cake for the simplest camera buff.

the old guy ragging again! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant