Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:34:19 -0500

Well.....it may well be that that particular weird format camera was very
rare.  Why on earth would you want to buy it to use, when there are a
zillion other perfectly good (and much more common) cameras available to
you to choose from?

You may think it is a weird form of fetish to collect cameras and never use
them, but from the other point of view it seems equally unsettling to seek
out rare cameras to buy and actually use them.   Does it give you a warm
fuzzy feeling inside to make other people (the collectors) uncomfortable?

If you found a mint copy of some rare postage stamp, would you feel an urge
to lick the glue off the back, just to spite the collectors?

Personally speaking, I am not a collector, but if I were to come upon some
rare collectable at a garage sale, and could buy it at a low price,
assuming I decided to buy it, do you think I would actually use the thing?
Why would I?  I already have more cameras than I can use.   Some cameras
are better kept in glass cages.

Dan C.

Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)
Message from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)