Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:08:07 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:
> [...]
assembled in Portugal, My point was that I would not expect a technician or
anyone else in NJ (or perhaps even Solms) to know how the electronics within the
Miniluix works.

Maybe they should. Maybe they do. But the original post'er was upset about Leica
not knowing. I was attempting to offer an explanation.<<<<<<<<

Hi Jim & Sal,
Great to have a couple of pros put the right perspective on "worry whiner worts
where the cameras are made!"

It's never interesting to hear the whiners go on about twit assed nonsense of
where the equipment is made! The bottom line is, who really cares! Heck if they
were made on the dark side of the moon by skilled Martians trained by Leica and
brought back to earth on the shuttle it wouldn't matter.

What's the big deal anyway where the cameras are made?  Not every auto mechanic
knows where every sensor in the vehicles of today are made, nor likely how
everyone functions!  Again who cares!

Damn, bring on the Leica's, load 'em, and after all this is the "Leica Users
Group!"  Use them! So lets get out there and not give a flying hoop where they're
made, by whom, what and whether some over worked service guy in NJ, Solms or the
dark side of the moon knows every ittsie bittsie detail about the inner workings
of a dinky toy minilux!.
Get serious , get out, get some picture taking done and screw this nonsense.
ted Grant

 Sal DiMarco,Jr. wrote:
>Luggers,
>    If a Minilux isn't a Leica, because it is made by National Camera
>(Panasonic) in Japan, doesn't it hold that Nikon's P&S cameras aren't Nikons
>and Contax's P&S camera aren't Contaxs because they too are made by National
>Camera.
>    As I understand it, everybody's point and shoots are made by National.
>    Next, it is a known fact, Leica AG has moved some of the M6
manufacturing to its plant in Portugal. It is also a known fact,  under
international law the country of manufacture is the one where MORE THAN 50%

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)
Reply from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)