Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:53:27 -0800

Ted wrote in part:

> Great to have a couple of pros put the right perspective on "worry whiner worts
> where the cameras are made!"
>
> It's never interesting to hear the whiners go on about twit assed nonsense of
> where the equipment is made! The bottom line is, who really cares! Heck if they
> were made on the dark side of the moon by skilled Martians trained by Leica and
> brought back to earth on the shuttle it wouldn't matter.
>
> What's the big deal anyway where the cameras are made?  Not every auto mechanic
> knows where every sensor in the vehicles of today are made, nor likely how
> everyone functions!  Again who cares!

The strangest thing about Ted and Sal's post is that they seem to be extremely biased
AGAINST gaining knowledge about Leica, if we as consumers dare to wonder how much of
the "made in Germany" really is made in Germany.  Ironically  Ted in past has
considered  the wonders of his underwear an appropriate  LUG topic, but yet today he
gets upset of if anyone dare asks where Leicas are manufactured, or who does the
subassembly.

I really fail to understand why anyone should try to prevent a discussion about
anything Leica on this list.

As a consumer, I want to know as much as I can about all facets of Leica,  and I
doubt if  I am not the only one who shares this viewpoint.

Stephen Gandy

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: underware)
Reply from "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)
Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)