Subject: [Leica] Re: underware
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:24:50 -0800

At 04:16 PM 11/28/00 -0800, Ted wrote:

>As for the "under short cleaning cloth,?"  Sure it's a worth while topic
from real life
>experience of acquiring free lens cleaning material for those precious
Leica lenses some
>LUGNUTS carry on about. You unfortunately don't take this seriously! But
the information
>is passed on most sincerely .
>.
>So what's your problem of giving free advice from a long time Leica User, to
>those who wish to clean their lenses! At least it may save them some money
for film
>rather than buying an exorbitantly over priced piece of material that
"will not do any
>better job!".
>
>ted Grant

Yeah!!! I agree!!! Even though I have some of those microfiber cloths,
which were given to me as promotions, I still prefer a ripped off piece of
cotton Tee shirt or a ripped off piece of cotton jockey shorts. And I have
been cleaning all of my lenses (some date back to the 60's) a lot over the
years and there is nary a mark or fletch on any glass. Many of the
microfiber cloths are so smooth and slick, you can't get a grip to actually
clean your lens.

Lenses and cameras were made to be used and used and used. The more you use
them the better they work.

If you are out photographing and you look down and there is crud on your
lens, give it a blow, then breath on it, then pull out your shirt tail and
give it a wipe. Then continue photographing. When you are done, tuck in
your shirt.

Jim

Message from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)
Message from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture)