Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:06:25 -0800

Dan Cardish wrote:

> But it does matter to some people who are interested in the collecting and
> manufacture of Leica cameras, and there are many of them in the LUG.  Why
> shout them down?
>
> Dan C.
>
> At 04:03 PM 28-11-00 -0500, Tina Manley wrote:
> >
> >Ted and Sal's point was not that we shouldn't discuss where Leicas are
> >made, but that it doesn't matter where they are made when comes down to
> >using the Leicas for taking photographs.

It's been a while since I've read the FAQ but if this is the LUG "Leica USERS
group" than isn't' "users" not quite the same thing as "collectors."
I tried to buy a 24x34mm format camera from a collector and when he found out i
was planning and "USING!!!" the camera he refused to sell it to me. He found it
atrocious to not have in under glass on the shelf.
ARE WE NOT SHOOTERS!

mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/