Subject: [Leica] Leica M9 sensor v x 100 series X-Pro Series XT series
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 18:47:38 +0100

Lluis,

for some reason I missed this -  and I don't understand why.

I too would suggest a Fuji. I have used the XE-1, XE-2 and X-Pro (I have
an X-Pro1). They are all very good machines of their type and the lenses
are interchangeable between the three and are a lot cheaper than Leicas,
fortunately.

The XE-1, XE-2 are, with a smallish lens, very much like a mix of a Q
and a classic Leica in feel. The X-Pro is a great camera but bigger:
more like a later Leica. I travel with either with a an XE-2 with a
18-55 2.8 - 4 zoom on it (Fuji, too).

They - and the lenses are available for a few hundred Euro

The downside :-( Image quality is not up to Leica standards because the
number of pixels is relatively low (but adequate unless you want to
print very large). Unfortunately they don't shoot in B&W which you have
to do in post-processing.

The glass is very good, IMHO, but again not up to Leica standards but it
*is* widely available *AND* you can get an M- to X-mount adapter so you
can use your Leica glass if you want to.

Otherwise great as everyday cameras, but stick with film too!

All the best,

Peter