Subject: [Leica] Leica M9 sensor corrossion
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 19:57:31 +0200

I have a problem with my M9: sensor corrossion, I?m looking for a reliable
service for repair it, if possible in Europe, the only I?ve found are:
Kolaris https://kolarivision.com/product/leica_m9_repair/, and
https://maxmax.com in USA, and https://advancedcameraservices.co.uk in UK. I
read generally good references but someones not good.

I would like ask if someone know some references and/or other Companies that
are able to do this work.

I know that no one replace the sensor.  The repair consist to remove the
glass that is corroded and replace with new sealed glass. I have read that
this operation has risks of contamination and that in the long run the
problem could be reproduced.

I?m not interested to buy another Leica, I only use the M9 for family
records all my other work is with film as you know, the problem is not rush,
at wide apertures and cloning the bad signs I can still work but the defect
is in progress and I guess that soon I shall take a decision. Thank you very
much in advance.

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

Replies: Reply from bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica M9 sensor corrossion)