Subject: [Leica] Leica M9 sensor corrossion
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 09:24:35 -1000

I meant to add that you need to figure out WHICH cover plate glass you want
installed.?? It was the coating on the cover plate that was not corrosion
resistant that caused the problem? Leica was told this but insisted on using
it anyway.? Or so goes the story at the time.

Kodak made the original sensor with cover plate.? Is of type KAF-18500

Leica states that the original cover glass is of type S8612.? This does not
easily correlate with the rest of the info we have.

B55 was reported by Leica as the replaced cover plate glass.? Kolari offers
B39 and B61 ( as of their current webpage).

Read this:

https://petapixel.com/2020/09/12/leica-m9-sensor-corrosion-due-to-dumb-design-decision-report-claims/

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at Gmail.com