Subject: [Leica] Shoot the moon
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 20:56:03 +0000

Nice one Peter. Don't downplay that '70s lens! Your shot is a lot better
than the moon image Orthostat 47.
OK, O 47 is megalithic and about 5,200 years old :-) That one is about
30 miles away from here at the prehistoric tomb of Knowth and is the
oldest image of the moon found in the world so far. Access to the tomb
is closed over the winter and opens in March for small groups. My wife
has agreed to accompany me next month to visit it.
Anyway, you've inspired me to check eBay for a T ring for my oddity for
peanuts purchase of a 400mm f6.3 Spiratone which has languished in my
vast "Must Get Around to Using" cabinet. The thing has no fungus so it's
perhaps worth getting an adaptor for.

Douglas