Subject: [Leica] Sherry Krauter
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 21:46:50 -0500

To work on Leicas properly requires some specialized tools and test
equipment to accurately calibrate the rangefinder, and I have never found a
local repair shop that had these. Sherry Krauter and Don Goldberg do.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

https://chriscrawfordphoto.com  My portfolio

https://crawfordphotoschool.com Learn From Me

?On 3/4/22, 8:49 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jeffery Smith via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    Update - Sherry is apparently alive and well, but her work email needs
some work. I found her personal email address and sent an inquiry. A bit
later I got a response giving me pricing, instructions, etc. So, it looks
like she is in business. I tried to get the M3 repaired locally, and despite
having about 6 techs, Kurt's Camera Repair didn't have one that could work
on "those kinds of cameras". I assume that the lack of parts is what makes
them difficult to get repaired locally.

    Jeffery
    smithjeffery at mac.com <mailto:smithjeffery at mac.com>

    > On Mar 3, 2022, at 7:56 PM, Jeffery Smith <smithjeffery at mac.com>
wrote:

    > I just sent an inquiry to Sherry Krauter regarding a repair of my M3,
and the email got kicked back at me as undeliverable. Is she still doing
repairs? Her website is still functioning other than the fact that her email
address doesn't seem to be active.