Subject: [Leica] Welcome, M11
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 19:50:08 -0800

I recall reading that the Sony cameras had a reduced dynamic range when shot
in electronic shutter mode. It?s not clear if that?s some sensor thing or
even if if it?s accurate.

I can?t see a difference between mechanical and electronic shutter with my
SL2-S but I?m not doing serious experiments either.

There is a price in terms of the size of the sensor stack for IBIS.

Over on the Leica Australia Youtube channel there are a series of really
interesting interviews with the Leica lens designer of the Sl series lenses
comparing them to the M lenses.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vyoAIOTIcs&t=560s
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vyoAIOTIcs&t=560s>>

That?s the 2nd one.