Subject: [Leica] Leica 135mm Apo Telyt M
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 07:02:53 -1000
References: <CAH1UNJ2aVEv_vRPXscsYEn=TUHE6cEKCb2p==4ahsYrEM2T4jA@mail.gmail.com> <943f8e4a-82e0-3299-7461-6278e23e3918@summaventures.com> <CAJ3Pgh7nG-x0mk4s+tirxeissuLNw2xkTvYK3gJrCN3Sh7--eQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxvXttdAZVRyN6sfQm-aa3QY7T6EVNOkf8C4EQkFOpwoGw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh5O8KpCyJcS2V7-8wpx3jggmZuE0iMN=zvSmkZMOpp9vg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ3CZ-i_w612296etT4r0UxdhcKnES107CgkfOW_ha4imA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh53gruv4FAy=64XgoZicFUn1+605eQs4j01K+chM661yw@mail.gmail.com>

I remember an old story about the big train station on NYC.

In the main waiting room, that was huge, was an area reserved for a
photograph of some event, animal, place, etc.? It was near the ceiling and
must
have been 20x100 feet in size.? The image used was changed reasonably often.

This particular story was about an image of a flock of birds, just starting
out in flight.? By looking at it, you would have thought that the image
was created by an 8x10 camera.? It was particularly sharp, B+W, and well
seen by millions of people.

The story was about the original negative, that was 35mm. The story said
that at far distances, you could not see grain, but you could see out of
focus anomalies.? The story and a major impact on me.... still to this day.

Anything that looks out of focus I reject, almost immediately.? Poor
resolution looks to me like out of focus.? It is "fuzzy".? All over.

Maybe the chief reason I test, looking for that high resolution sharpness of
Leica's or Nikon's, or ABC's best lenses.

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at Gmail.com