Subject: [Leica] IMG: My First Real Camera, Leica IIIa, 1952
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 12:54:33 -0600

Hi Don,

The clip-on light meter I used with this camera needed no batteries,
though the selenium cells eventually lost their magic.? However,
somewhere in its lifetime, the camera had been sent to Leitz NY where it
was fitted with a synchronizer baseplate and flashgun, which worked
well.? After I retired the camera, I sold the flashgun to a collector in
London.

Micro 4/3 is my favorite a present.? As for battery problems, the old
Olympus E-1 still works fine with the batteries I have.