Subject: [Leica] IMG: My First Real Camera, Leica IIIa, 1952
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 12:30:30 -0600

Something we won't see going forward.  Batteries alone will make older
cameras unusable ~10 years after production.  Hopefully we will see a
plateau in pixel count, x-axis stabilization, 8k video, ~16 stops dynamic
range, 50,000 noiseless ISO, framing rate ad nauseum.

Sony's latest e-mount drops to 50mp but adds 8k video and a 9k viewfinder
and 20+ frames per second with flicker free viewfinder.  I find the 60mp of
my current camera to be quite freeing.  I know the folks using the Q2 find
that camera's capabilities to be amazing.

I am not sure what things realistically need to be added in the future.
Ergonomics is one area, maybe a rethink of micro 4/3's with a 40mp sensor.
That direction might be useful to get lens sizes down.  Current high
performance lenses are quite large.  Pick up a Zeiss Otus sometime.