Subject: [Leica] Faded Ektachrome
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 21:52:24 -0800

I'm in the process of digitizing more selected slides from my late
mother's collection.? Mostly I'm using a digital camera and a macro lens
and slide copy attachment, because it's fast.? That's working well for
Kodachrome.? Unfortunately, several years in the collection are taken on
Ektachrome, and the slides are quite faded--overall orange with decent
remnants of the actual colors.? How well does Vuescan work in restoring
the slide's colors to some reasonable facsimile of normal?? Should I
spend some time figuring this out, or is there a better/faster solution?

There are lots of slides, and the digital output is for family viewing
on computer screens, not prints for Great Art.

I'll be posting some of the Kodachrome scans from early-mid 1950s
shortly.? Stay tuned.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Faded Ektachrome)
Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Faded Ektachrome)