Subject: [Leica] Catalonia Revela'T festival
From: reid at mejac.carlsbad.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 16:53:38 -0700

> et Merci Brian pour la traduction et la publicit? :-)

I think this festival and exhibition is going to be a very big deal. I
hope I can find a way to attend.

In preparing the announcement I had to learn how to read a bit of
Catalan, because I didn't like the official translations. Catalan is an
interesting blend of langue d'oc, Italian, and French. Not so much
Spanish. One problem when you learn a language by reading is that I have
no idea how to pronounce anything, and cannot speak it at all.  I asked
Lluis how to pronounce Revela-T; he gave a long answer in an interesting
mixture of French, English, and Catalan. My summary using American vowel
sounds: reh-vay-LAH.

50 years ago I had a short-term job in Valbonne, and was forced to learn
langue d'oc so I could understand what my co-workers were saying to each
other. I was afraid they were talking about me, but of course they
weren't. They hardly knew I existed.

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Catalonia Revela'T festival)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Catalonia Revela'T festival)
Message from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Catalonia Revela'T festival)