Subject: [Leica] looking for an image
From: reid at mejac.carlsbad.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 18:10:59 -0800

I'm helping produce a photo book, and we are interested in ending the
pictures section with a stock-like photograph of an empty 35mm film
spool. The idea is to show that there are no more pictures; a picture of
a spool with no more film came to mind. By "spool" I don't mean
something made by Kindermann or Nikor, but by Kodak or Ilford.

If I had a time machine I would go back to 1975, buy a 20-exposure roll
of Tri-X, open it and sacrifice the film, and photograph the empty can
and the empty spool on a simple background.

I've thrown away literally thousands of these spools and cans over the
decades, and now I don't have any to photograph. Do you have a
photograph that you would let me use in this book or a spool you could
send to be photographed?

Thanks for looking, as they say.

Brian

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.carlsbad.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] looking for an image)