Subject: [Leica] Catalonia Revela'T festival
From: reid at mejac.carlsbad.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 08:17:56 -0700

Lluis hs informed me in great detail of a happy Leica-related
photography event that involves the LUG. He has asked me to inform the
LUG in English. It has taken me a while to understand it enough to write
this.

The event is called Revela-T or Revela'T. There is an English language
page, obviously translated from Catalan here:

https://blog.revela-t.cat/en/what-is-revela-t/

The title in English is "Contemporary Analog Photography Festival", from
25 September 2020 to 4 October 2020. The theme is "Humanity, a portrait
of the present" and the inspiration for this year's festival is
Steichen's "The Family of Man".

What this has to do with the LUG, and why I am sending this message, is
that this year's Revela'T festival, the LUG is considered to be a
photographer, and work from LUG members will be included in the
exhibition. A few selected images from the LUG Family of Man 2
collection will be projected in round-robin sequence in a room in the
exhibition space.

The actual festival announcement in English is here:

http://revela-t.cat/2020/en/
You can click on the CA or ES buttons to see the announcement in Catalan
or Spanish.

A preview of the exhibition is here:

http://revela-t.cat/2020/en/#exhibits

The description of the LUG part of the exhibition is here:

https://revela-t.cat/2020/en/portfolio/leica-users-group-en/

An Instagram announcement of the festival is here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCaq6POIIwO/?igshid=wn3mur1pib3y

(I have never really understood what it is about Instagram that people
like so much)

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Catalonia Revela'T festival)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Catalonia Revela'T festival)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Catalonia Revela'T festival)