Subject: [Leica] IMG: Squirrels Crave Aluminum
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 19:34:30 -0500

One thing I have learned the hard way is that you never allow a squirrel
a place to rest near a power or data cable run.? I don't like to cut
trees, but I have trimmed branches if they grow toward a pole-to-house
3-wire bundle.? Twice I have had low 120-volt power because the aluminum
neutral was severely chewed up.? But, the damage is not limited to
aluminum.? Our good friends at Lighttube had to replace 100 ft of
overhead fiber optic cable because the holly trees that THEY planted to
replace my white pines grew tall enough to give the fuzzy-tailed rodents
a place to sit and chew.? They were really unhappy about that.