Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/3/2020: ghost town
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 22:51:45 +0000

Thanks for that, Frank, and Brian, I think you're right to escape from
London given the UK govt's approach, and despite the delights of your
grand daughter.

Ireland is closing all its pubs, hotel bars, and shebeens from tonight.
Pretty drastic, as it's Patrick's Day week, but it looks like CoVid-19
is the gift that going to keep on giving. There's a strong rumour that
we're also going to end up by Tuesday evening like Italy and Spain with
the citizenry confined to their houses, police and army out, and
shopping restricted.

I have a bit of stock in which is enough to cover us for a month, but
lockdown will probably go on for much longer. I see the UK under that
master of legerdemain Boris Johnson and his Brexiteers, think there's a
hope that "herd immunity" will spread through their light touch
management of the infection, and that all will be well - bar the fact
that the over 70s will have to spend 14 weeks in self isolation.
Interesting approach, and as the old Chinese curse goes, "May you live
in interesting times..."

Douglas