Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/3/2020: ghost town
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 09:07:08 +0100

As from Saturday morning, all bars and restaurants in Alicante are closed.
Monday morning, the emergency decree comes into effect, basically shutting
down all movement in Spain except for going to work (for those who cannot
telework), shopping for food and other basic necessities and accessing
medical services. There are a few exceptions having to do with caring for
elderly or disabled people etc., but certainly all leisure activities are
finished for now. Even my bicycle rides will be forbidden from tomorrow (the
decree specifies permitted uses of public roads, and recreational cycling is
not one of them).

So, yesterday afternoon, my daughter and I drove to the centre of Alicante
while we still can to document the highly unusual look of the city.

This is the main pedestrian coastal promenade, normally full of people on a
sunny afternoon:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-KKDJFqX/A

Calle Mayor, one of the main restaurant streets:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tVrs7Gd/A

The playground in a small park near my house:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-k7SLwp5/A

Our beach, now closed:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-v8G4Q9q/A

The next 2 weeks I am working at home and not going out much. Walking on the
beach promenade will continue to be possible, so that will be that.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/3/2020: ghost town)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/3/2020: ghost town)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/3/2020: ghost town)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/3/2020: ghost town)