Subject: [Leica] the LUG Yearbook 2019 is published and available
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 16:05:32 -0800

See https://www.blurb.com/b/9961533-lug-yearbook-2019

It has submissions from 50 people.

I've set it up so that you can see thumbnail previews of every page in
the book. Also you can buy a copy. Don't be shocked at the price.
High-end photo books are expensive to produce. I figure that a book
price that is about 2% of the price of my Leica Q2 is probably OK.

I've CC'd my wife (Victoria) on this email to let her know I'm going to
emerge from the editing cave and be sociable again. There's a picture of
her on page 35, along with one of our daughters and both of our
granddaughters. Probably not great art, but hey, it's a great picture of
4 of my people.

There is a 112-megabyte full-resolution PDF of the yearbook here:
     http://leica-users.org/LUGYearbook2019.pdf

There is a 28-megabyte screen-resolution PDF of the yearbook here:
     http://leica-users.org/LUGYearbook2019-screen.pdf

If anybody wants an e-book version, let me know and I'll read the
documentation for how to do that and add it to the Blurb website.

Thanks to everyone who contributed photographs, time, and/or advice. And
thanks to Philippe Amard for the fabulous cover photograph and the
dedication photograph.

Since this is a print-on-demand thing, if you find an egregious error
that warrants republication with a different ISBN, let me know. This
edition has been proofread by 4 people (me, Victoria, Sonny, and Frank).

Long live InDesign CS6. May its 32 bits not increase.

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] the LUG Yearbook 2019 is published and available)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] the LUG Yearbook 2019 is published and available)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] the LUG Yearbook 2019 is published and available)
Reply from jhandsfield at att.net (James Handsfield) ([Leica] the LUG Yearbook 2019 is published and available)