Subject: [Leica] Nikon et al vs MIrrorless cameras
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:46:14 -1000

 The real first 35mm format SLR was the Ihagee
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihagee> Kine Exakta
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kine_Exakta>, produced in 1936 in Germany,
which was fundamentally a scaled-down Vest-Pocket Exakta
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exakta>. This camera used a waist-level
finder.   Skip to the Nikon F of 1960 or so....
The Nikon D1 was introduced in 1999.  It was the first DSLR for real
people.... Kodak preceded this but at $25,000 or more.

This means we have had almost 80 ( or 60 if you prefer) years of SLR, and
20 years of Mirrorless.
It will take a while to catch up......

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at gmail.com

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 2:44 PM Aram Langhans via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>