Subject: [Leica] Benjamin Zander
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 14:14:49 -0500

220 Plus X I shot a ton of with my Rolleiflex and Hasselblad. Kodak film. At
iso 100 instead of 125.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 12/30/19, 1:43 PM, "LUG on behalf of Mark Rabiner"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of mark at
rabinergroup.com> wrote:

    That?s the thing films may come and go but the work you did with them
stays and you get tow work with them again.
    My signature film starting out mainly in the studio was Kodak Panatomic
X which I shot at iso 50 developed in Buetlers or Rodinal.
    They are always a pleasure to work with those images. And the fast films
too. Ilford Delta films too were amazing. But in the end I was a Neopan
kinda guy. Going from the 1600 on location to the 100 in the studio and not
so much the 400 which in Xtol 1:3 looked like all the 100 films I was used
to. The high rez stuff but at 400! Things did evolved.
    I feel now though that its quiet exciting being in photography and doing
the digital work flow. I wish it happened when I was in my 40's and not my
50's. which would have meant less time with film but that?s how I feel about
it.

    --

    Mark William Rabiner
    Photographer

    ?On 12/30/19, 10:18 AM, "LUG on behalf of Gerry Walden via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

        For me Fuji Neopan 400 and 1600 were/are the best black and white
films ever made EVER! I used them for a long time and now I am going back to
them 20+ years later and they are great to scan with a wonderful tonal
range. They were the Kodachrome of black and white films as far as I am
concerned, and I hope one day they will re-introduce them. It may be a
dream, but a man can dream, can?t he?

        Gerry

        Gerry Walden
        023 8046 3076
        0797 287 7932

        > On 30 Dec 2019, at 10:41, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:

        > A world without Fuji Neopan 1600 how have we survived!?!
        > I guess by shooting effortlessly at ISO's many times that and with
Auto ISO!

leica-users.org> wrote:

        >    I am just reliving happy memories of a day spent photographing
renowned conductor of the Boston Philharmonic Benjamin Zander at a
masterclass in London. I am scanning the films taken on the Leica M6 using
the new (then) Fuji Neopan 1600, and there are some great images I had
neglected.