Subject: [Leica] speaking of good color displays...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 23:48:02 -0500

They're also selling a piece of very nice metal which is the monitor stand
for the new Mac Pro just out this week. The piece of metal cost $999.
How much does a metal working class cost?
The new Mac Pro cost 6 grand so they figure just as long as you're spending
all that money what's a grand between friends?
The previous Mac Pro had trouble running a 5K monitor such as on the iMacs;
I understand it was an embarrassment for such people in the know.
So if you wanted the very best computer don?t go to Apple. They are the cell
phone company. Steve Jobs would love that!

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 12/12/19, 11:19 PM, "LUG on behalf of Brian Reid"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of reid at
mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

    Yesterday Apple announced a new high-end display priced at $5000 USD. 32
    inches, 6K resolution.

    https://www.apple.com/pro-display-xdr/

    $6000 USD if you want their ingenious anti-glare version.
    They claim it comes pre-calibrated. We shall see.

    I don't currently own a computer powerful enough to drive it.