Subject: [Leica] Photo-editing software recommendations?
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 15:05:08 -0500
References: <788A1991-9C8A-4A0E-958F-5A5ADC4A2A58@mac.com> <E9E06687-CE3F-47C7-A1EA-5AF5CE2F0D10@gmail.com> <1840F263-A200-43C4-9D2A-431E49964E8B@rabinergroup.com> <CAF8hL-GNDzQ0=nw_+-jB0KxO-iFFd1Zjeka0OxBADg1t-xGTWQ@mail.gmail.com> <LO2P265MB1247C2475DEE527E9558F474F9530@LO2P265MB1247.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> <0AAA1B83-386C-4A9A-97C3-B612EB3A62A2@gmail.com> <BB2E4B63-639C-476B-9409-AE1F6E2EE399@rabinergroup.com> <CA+yJO1CYE-eSVT_UsYAR_M=EjCzaowyn3FeBWN7sfuiWOD7gbw@mail.gmail.com>

Tina (and others)?

I?ve been using Photoshop (now CC) forever, but all I do with it is to
post-process images, with extensive use of Camera Raw?s tools, and make the
occasional pano. I do nothing highly creative or manipulative outside of
these limits. I have my images archived in folders within folders within
folders on my local HD, and I?d like to be able to file them indexed in
multiple ways for retrieval by, say, subject matter, location, and so on
independently of image number, camera used, original roll or card, and dates.

I have the original slides and memory cards, and digital backups on iCloud
but nowhere else. I don?t want Adobe to store them. I like the idea of
nondestructive editing, as I had with Aperture.

I?m getting the impression that I?d be best served by switching over to LR
Classic. Does this sound right? Suggestions for the best way to learn it?
Adobe?s Classroom in a Book? YouTube? Commercial sites?

?howard