Subject: [Leica] yearbook question, but political
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 19:08:43 -0400

Brian, I?ve owned and used Leicas for 56 years, been on the LUG for, what,
15?, and I?ve never felt more at home here than I do as a result of reading
your post and the ones that it?s precipitated. I have an idea that that has
much to do with the international composition of the LUG and of the outward,
worldly views and experiences of so many American LUGgers. I suspect that,
having lived five years total in three countries other than the U.S., and
having accumulated another year or so in overseas travel, throughout my
adult life, I?m not too atypical.

The #1 priority of American polity must be to end Trump, expunge
Trumpthinkers from the GOP, and hope the party can recover from its
malignant hybrid virus of plutocracy and cult-of-personality to restore
itself to responsible conservatism.

?howard