Subject: [Leica] Sign 2019 #5 -Sonny
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 17:20:52 +0200

Thanks for your inputs guys:-)

Sonny: Alice?s grandmother had a farm of this type
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Openings/OPG-Walthenheim-wide-8554.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Openings/OPG-Walthenheim-wide-8554.jpg.html>

When she got married, it was disassembled, the (fortunately numbered) pieces
brought to her new village, and reconstructed.
That?s where she lived all her life.
On her death, we even thought of doing the whole thing again in order to
preserve it from destruction. Even though we didn?t in the end, it is still
standing and occupied by a happy family of five.

Gives you an idea of the difference in mentalities, waste not, want not :-)

OTT: Wooden houses were the norm over most of France, long before the US was
created. At some point, the local lords forbade the use of wood/timber as,
as said above, the houses could easily be moved if the peasants didn?t like
their lords, which proves more difficult with stones ?

OK, I remember Tina moved the WHOLE house altogether in a not so distant
past ;-)
Next stop Canada !
;-)

Bonus : http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/119253-2/2008-PAW-08-P1020678.jpg