Subject: [Leica] Sign 2019 #5
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 07:40:57 -0500

Douglas and Philippe,

One of the reasons for abandoning buildings especially in the Southern
states is the abundance of timber for building.  Since it is available (and
farmed, for sustainability) most buildings over the short history of the US
are stick built, which has a shorter life than the general materials of
older civilizations. Of course there are exceptions, mostly due to
carefully maintaining the building.

Funny thing is that many people emulate older forms of building with fake
beams, textures and cast forms in new builds.

SonC

--
Regards,

Sonny