Subject: [Leica] LUG Year Book
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 04:58:47 -0400

Me too and I even like the plants.. with a little fish thrown in.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 10/1/19, 7:24 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jeff Moore"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jbmmllug
at jbm.org> wrote:

    On Tue, Oct 1, 2019, 17:15 Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
wrote:

    > I hope you all stick around, too, to celebrate Ted's 100th birthday!

    I am 100% behind that plan!

    > Tina
    >
    > On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 4:14 PM Jim Hemenway <jim at hemenway.com>
wrote:

    > > Gerry:
    > >
    > > Over ten years ago, I was a member of a Pentax group whose membership
    > > was 50-50 screw mount and bayonet.
    > >
    > > The former didn't want any posting which referred to cameras newer
than
    > > Spotmatics, (1967) and would do much ranting whenever their wishes
were
    > > not adhered to.  These members were known as the "Takumars"
    > >
    > > Whenever someone made a post about digital Pentax cameras there was
hell
    > > to pay.
    > >
    > > It was like having a raven nipping on your shoulder spitting out a
    > > "Nevermore" whenever you broke their "rules"
    > >
    > > Eventually when I realized that the Takumars were really just camera
    > > collectors and not necessarily camera users... I left the list along
    > > with many others,
    > >
    > > There is no moral to the story.
    > >
    > > JimH
    > >
    > > P.S. A five year frequency? How many of us do you think will still be
    > > alive in five years.
    > >

    > > On 9/22/19 12:32 AM, Gerry Walden via LUG wrote:
    > > > I have come to the decision not to participate unless it is a LEICA
    > > yearbook and not a yearbook of general photographs taken on
everything
    > > there is. If non-Leica images are deemed to be acceptable by others
    > making
    > > decisions, then at the very least there should be a clear
differentiation
    > > (i.e. a separate section) for the non-Leica images at the back of the
    > book
    > > after the Leica section.
    > > >
    > > > As for general thoughts on the time frame, and because a number of
    > > people are shooting less with their Leicas, would it be an idea for
these
    > > to be done every five years thus allowing for a (hopefully) bigger
    > > submission.
    > > >
    > > > Gerry
    > > >
    > > > Gerry Walden
    > > > www.gwpics.com