Subject: [Leica] But the bokeh is great!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 05:21:45 -0400

I did a real good photo of that group did you forget?! Only thing missing
was me!
I used a Nikon D200 which I was pretty used to using. One of the best group
shots I ever did!

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 8/19/19, 10:41 PM, "LUG on behalf of Brian Reid"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of reid at
mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

    About fifteen years ago I was invited to be a speaker at the annual
    gathering of NYLUG -- the New York Leica Users Group. The meeting was
    held at ICP, whose website at www.icp.org asserts:

         "The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world?s
    leading
          institution dedicated to photography and visual culture."

    There were 15 or 20 Leica Users in attendance. The NYLUG organizer (John
    Lee) wanted to get a group photograph of the attendees. Kyle Cassidy was
    in the group, and he went off to find someone who could take the
    picture. He came back with a person who he said was a senior photography
    instructor there at ICP. Someone provided an M7 with a 35/1.4 Summilux
    on it, and we all gathered in a pose.

    It soon became obvious that the photography instructor had no idea what
    to do with a rangefinder camera. I don't remember how we ended up with
    photos--was the instructor suitably instructed, or was a new
    photographer found? Come to think of it, I'm not sure I ever saw a copy
    of that photo.

    It's a good thing the M7 had been loaded with film before it was handed
    to the instructor....