Subject: [Leica] LUG Year Book
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 13:33:52 -0500

I might have stayed with Leica too if the current crop of cameras were
around when my M9 went off for an extended visit to Leica.

Doug Herr was talking about his experience with Sony, so I bought one
because it could fit my extensive leica lens collection.  When I saw the
eye-popping display of the EV, and lack of lag, among other things, I was
sold.

When my M9 came back, I noticed I was picking it up less and less.  I still
loved it, but I was getting more, better results from the Sony.   Then I
ventured into a couple of the native Zeiss and Sony FE mount lenses, and it
was no going back.

Things might have been different, as I said before, but they are not
different.  Leica was slow out of the gate, and Sony beat it to my finish
line.

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/