Subject: [Leica] First pictures from my new Q2
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 02:17:13 +0000 (UTC)

 My argument for larger MP counts.... and cropping does not mean you must
take along another, heavier lens.....

IF your sensor is 4 times as dense, say 64MP vs 16MP, then your 50mm f1.4?
lens can instantly be turned into a 100mm f1.4 lens..... The cost is zero.
This all assumes your output must be 16MP for what you want to do....and
your optics are up to it.....

Frank FilipponeRed735i at verizon.net

--

Brian, I would say "digital zoom" is just showing what you can crop, and as
you said, with 47 MP sensor, you can crop a lot! Literally, you can crop

Imagine Leica makes a dual-lens di-Elmar with this thing: a 24mm+60mm in
one, like a TriElmar. That would cover most focal lengths

--
// richard http://imagecraft.com
Beyond Arduino - When you're ready to get serious...