Subject: [Leica] Photo-editing software recommendations?
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 13:08:10 +0000 (UTC)

The catalog is a collection of image (raw, jpg or other) plus the sidecar
files (The editing commands)?for each plus some form of file structure that?
? collects or links ??them together. ?It may be different for each version
of LR or not.?What is important to remember is that the unaltered image
files are always present. ? If you want to use a different editing sw which
required its own different catalog. You could make another catalog for that
sw and use either or.?
What is most important is that the edits you made are all lost. Gone. You
must start each image?and?redo ALL the work again. For each different SW you
use?
It is my understanding that with LR, the monthly pay?version that is
resident on your computer (no cloud stuff)?, that if you stop Paying, you
will lose The ability to do further edits. the rest of the program
functionality remains. I have little to no belief that this is fact or
better said, that IF true ,?that Adobe , in the future,?would not change the
facts and make you cough up some money to ever see your images with edits
again.?
Adobe is predatory. Expect them to act in a way that optimizes their
revenue. Not your future once you leave their Fold
Last point. V6 has only so much functionality.?. The CC versions have more.
If you used some CC functionality in your edits that V6 does not offer, that
edit will not work in the V6. Not today. Not tomorrow.?
My thought is that the catalog is unimportant. You want to protect the
editing?work you did. There is only one way to ensure?that: play the Adobe
game.?$9.99 per month. Forever.?
But if you stop the monthly pay then change your mind (1 day? 5 years?)
later, start paying again and you are off and running with no loss?
One last thought. Go look at ON1 as an editing program. The program claims
to take in LR edits and convert them. Salvation or snake oil??????
Does this answer the question?Frank
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
 On?Friday, December 20, 2019,?CartersXRd via LUG?<lug at