Subject: [Leica] Editing
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 15:46:14 -0400

On a related vein Avedon said it's not what you shoot it's what you show
them.
It's what they see.
Control your work!
(major paraphrase.)

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 7/31/19, 9:11 AM, "LUG on behalf of Gerry Walden via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    The respected British photographer Snowden once said if you take 100
phots of which one is good, and you show them the 100 they think you are
crap. If you just show them the one they think you are great. It is not a
bad maxim to go by.

    Gerry

    Gerry Walden
    023 8046 3076
    0797 287 7932

    > On 31 Jul 2019, at 14:08, Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
wrote:

    > Hi, Gerry -  That's exactly how I edit with the stars.  It is a very
    > time-consuming process, though!!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tina
    >
    > On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 2:58 AM Gerry Walden via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Tina
    >>
    >> I would start on either Guatemala or Honduras, which ever one you
think
    >> most viable.
    >>
    >> What I tend to do is use the star rating in LR. I go through and give
the
    >> better ones 3 stars. That cuts them down, and you can then just view
the 3
    >> star ones by using ?attribute? in the Library panel. I then go
through that
    >> batch and either uprate them to 4 star or downrate then to 2 star. I
then
    >> just view the four star and do the up or down grade cull over again
so I
    >> end up with just the 5 stars.
    >>
    >> I don?t envy you, I think editing is te most time consuming and
boring job
    >> in photography.
    >>
    >> Gerry
    >>
    >> Gerry Walden
    >> www.gwpics.com
    >> +44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
    >> +44 (0)797 287 7932
    >>

    >>> On 30 Jul 2019, at 23:35, Tina Manley via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> PESO:
    >>>
    >>> I am cleaning up old files on my Drobo and trying to consolidate
    >>> everything.  Years ago, I spent a couple of weeks with Maggie
Steber, a

<http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography/3B49552F-90A0-4D0A-A11D-2175C937AA91/Tina+Manley.html>