Subject: [Leica] Moon landing - where were you?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 07:05:31 +0200

Never mind the moon, the pic of you version 1969 is great!

As for ?where were you? - in my case, at home with my parents. I was 8, and
we were still on the wrong side of the Iron Curtain, in Poland. Like most
people in the workers? paradise, we were happy to see the Americans beat the
Soviets to the moon. That is what it was all about?there was no particular
scientific reason to send people up there, but we saw it as a sign of
America?s superiority over the hated Soviet Union. Forget all that ?giant
step for mankind? bla bla. For us, it was all about the West vs. Communism.

Cheers,
Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>