Subject: [Leica] Moon landing - where were you?
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 08:52:30 -0700

Morning Luggers,

First here is the moon from last night, taken with the Fuji XH1 and the 100
- 400 zoom, cropped to about 1/3 in LR:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/DSCF4428.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/DSCF4428.jpg.html>

I was in Heraklion Crete on June 20, 1969 in Lion Square at 11pm local time
along with thousands of others. We stared
up at the moon while listening on loud speakers to the chatter between
Control at Houston and the
Moon lander. The photos and negatives of that evening can?t be located
sadly.

But here I am, days before, at the Palace of Knossos, just outside
Heraklion. I remember the sandals were very uncomfortable.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/DSCA3966.jpg.html

The second picture makes me wax philosophical. Wish I could have that body
again - with my current assets and wisdom learned over 76 years of living.

Please view large if you like. C&C always welcome.

Howard on Pender (marvelling at the passage of time)

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Moon landing - where were you?)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Moon landing - where were you?)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Moon landing - where were you?)