Subject: [Leica] Leica Q2 just out
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 20:27:28 -0500

The QP seems like another option. One that I might like. And it seems even
more gorgeous forgot why. The new camera I don?t think has a quiet feature
like the QP.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 3/9/19, 8:01 PM, "LUG on behalf of Aram Langhans via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    I tried the original Q in Frisco a few years ago and really liked it.
    My only complaint, aside from price, was the 24 mp that you had to rely
    on to crop to get a 35 and 50.  I looked at Sony's "equivalent" but
    dislike Sony and also 35 is not wide enough if I am only carrying one
    camera.   The last few months I suspected something was up as the price
    was dropping and I once again was interested.  Now with 47 mp, they have
    removed my one real complaint, aside from price again.  I might have to
    wait for the Q3 so the Q2 price would come down.  When I got to play
    with the Q it just felt good.  I thought the EVF was one of the best at
    the time and it was just plain fun to shoot with.  I can see why it has
    been one of Leica' s best sellers.  I just might have to take advantage
    of Trump's new tax law and spend my rebate on it.  Oh, wait.  My actual
    tax rate actually went UP, buy about double!! But I am still getting
    something back.

    Aram

    On 3/8/2019 4:28 PM, chris williams wrote:
    > Yes but now it crops 47mp!
    >
    > Try one, it really is one of the best cameras Leica has ever made.
    >
    > If only there was a 50/75/90 version!
    >
    > Chris Williams
    > www.dcdocumentaryphotographers.com
    > www.zoeicaimages.net
    > 504-231-6261
    >

    >> On Mar 8, 2019, at 6:59 PM, Adam Bridge via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    >> Doesn?t it just use cropping to emulate 35mm and 50mm lenses? Not
really 3 lenses.

    >> reidreviews has a good indepth article
    >>
    >> adam
    >>
    >>> On 2019 Mar 8, at 3:23 PM, chris williams via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    >>> It?s basically a digital M with three lenses plus AF.
    >>>
    >>> It?s badass actually.
    >>>
    >>> Chris Williams
    >>> www.dcdocumentaryphotographers.com
    >>> www.zoeicaimages.net
    >>> 504-231-6261

upgrade from the just plain Q only this one not just full frame but also way
high rez. 47MP's! The Sony has had the compact high rez full frame out a few
years now not sure if people buy it or like me just dream about it. It's
seems pocketable. The Leica not pocketable.
seems like an M with a 28 1.7 lens stuck to it for five grand American
money. It does not seem all that much smaller or lighter than a M in which
you could put compact glass on the front of it or a Noctilux. So this is a
bad review. I?m not all that hot on the not compact or cheap enough newest
camera from Leica. I think they should stop putting fast monster lenses on
compact cameras making them no longer compact or light weight cameras. Or
cheap.

worse buy the ultra high rez increase.  As if they really held the camera in
their hands.
doing well they don't need to lie.