Subject: [Leica] More with the Rolleiflex
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 22:07:10 -0400

I found it amazing that so many photographers of the 50's and 60's when they
went out to shoot a job they grabbed their trusty Rolleiflex and out the
door.
The whole idea of "lenses" never entered their mind. The lens was on the
camera and that was that. Did they even pay attention to the fact that it
said it was an 80mm Zeiss or Schneider2.8 on the rim of the lens?
Only way later when Rollei felt they had to compete with all the 35mm
shooters did they come out with their funky tele and wide versions. I think
most ignored them.
36 on a roll won out over 12.

I did jobs with just a Rolleiflex. Almost never did I think I needed a wide
or tele  for a ceratin shot.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 5/2/18, 1:08 PM, "LUG on behalf of Ted Grant via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Hi Aram,
    Well rollie or Leica there was a time as magazines and weekend colour
newspaper sections required "colour film==later" than 35mm. So quite a
number of published photojournalists switched to using 2 Rollies. 1 colour
film and one B&W film. And you learned how to focus & clicked to still
capture the ultimate moment. It was either learn how OR??? Not have paying
assignments! But once you as the photog got into the routine it was a piece
of cake to click & capture great moments of action from stock car racing to
political images.
    Lluis does the "quick click routine" when it was called for or the only
method at the moment.
    Using a Rollie compared to a Leica was hardly given the situation a
second thought, when you made your day to day living 24 hours a day!
    cheers,
    Dr.ted grant O.C.