Subject: [Leica] More with the Rolleiflex
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 15:45:52 -0700

Hi Dan
I used mine so often with camera lenses pointing in a different direction
than what I looked like I was shooting!
The two lenses were pointing to the right at my subject. But as my head came
up looking to the real world with my eyeballs I would look straight ahead
and the subject would never realize I had been looking at them all the time
while looking down on the ground glass!
Well that is/was if the subject didn't happen to be a photographer and
saw/realized what you were doing with your rollie! :-)
So I could see the subject and shoot the action as it happened without ever
physically looking in the direction the camera lens was pointing.
Did I ever capture an image that near made me wet my pants with
excitement???? NOPE! But a snap or two that were close.
cheers,
ted grant O.C.