Subject: [Leica] IMGS: 500!!
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 10:52:12 -0400

Hi, Nathan,

It's true that they have been brought up with lots of indoctrination - the
television and newspapers all cover the USA and Israel non-stop with very
biased reporting; however, the criticism is all against the governments,
not the people.  Iranians differentiate because in Iran the government and
the people are totally separate and the people have no influence on the
government.  They remember the good times before the revolution when
American companies hired lots of Iranians and paid good salaries and the
rial was worth something!  Every single time we said we were Americans,
their faces lit up, they shook our hands or even hugged us and told us how
much they love Americans.  They hate George Bush and are afraid of Hillary
Clinton, but they like Obama and have hopes that Bernie will get elected.
They keep up with our politics better than some of my neighbors!!  The
thing still disturbs them the most is the downing of the Iranian airliner
by the Vincennes and the subsequent promotions and medals given to the
officers in charge.  They just don't understand that and asked us to
explain.  We couldn't.

Tina