Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica gear from Hong Kong
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 09:37:43 +0530

Nikon's digital camera warranties are valid only in the country of
purchase, as are Canon's, I believe.If I remember right, Nikon's policy in
the USA is that you would not get service under warranty if the item was
purchased outside the USA, but you would get paid service if you produced a
bill confirming that you had, in fact, bought the item at a authorized
dealer in the country of purchase. If you cannot even do that, then you
would not get service at Nikon's authorized service centres at all. I
always travel with the bills as proof of purchase wherever I go, for the
equipment I am lugging around.

Fuji, incidentally, gives a worldwide warranty.

Cheers
Jayanand