Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica gear from Hong Kong
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 22:26:14 +0100

Yes, this is a common way to find that you have bought a fake, when the
serial number turns out invalid.

As for Danish laws, they just made the sensible decision that they are not
going to prosecute someone who has been on holiday in ALicante, say, and
comes home with a handbag bought on the beach here (in any event, since this
is an intra-EU trip, there are no customs checks). It is in fact illegal to
buy the same bag online, however, but again, it makes little sense to
prosecute the purchaser.

As for copying content that you bought to other media (for yourself or your
household), Danish laws are like most of the rest of Europe. The outlier
here has been the UK where it was illegal to make a copy for yourself (e.g.
to rip one of your own CDs into iTunes) until very recently. I believe that
this silly law has now been changed.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman