Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica gear from Hong Kong
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:58:38 -0800

In the US, if you try this with Nikon gear, bought abroad ( not US), you
would most likely get the same message and result.

The counterfeiting of a camera body or lens is so difficult, that it is
highly unlikely.  The report that the attempted registration was invalid is
more likely to be the equivalent of punishment for the user for daring to
buy on the world market and try to get future service or support in the
users country.  ( Nikon's actual reason...!)

IOW, a very tough tariff punishment from the country agent... not the
manufacturer .... and probably does not affect your actual Manufacturer's
warranty, from wherever it was purchased.

Leica included......

YMMV

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net