Subject: [Leica] Konost "Leica" YA GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:27:09 -0800

John McMaster OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Konost "Leica" YA GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Other than clicking it onto the body and away you go!' is different to the
current Leica bodies for that?
>>>If it appears and works well, it will offer digital rangefinder and
possibly lower price but cannot be any simpler to operate than the M series
IMO...<<<<<<<<<<

Hi John,
You are looking at this not in the same vane I am! I have M lenses quite
adequate for more than my assignments of today! And then some! Unfortunately
not with my usual number of 3?-4 or more? Leica M type camera bodies with
various lenses to avoid the pain in the ass of changing lenses while missing
the "magical moment!" Remember, my assignments were and still are
"PHOTOJOURNALISTIC" photo essays by nature and for me that means "SEE-CLICK"
using just the right lens at the right moment!

Not a snap or two of Friday flowers with one camera body!!

In a fashion I used Leica's, 3-4 bodies at a time hanging off my body and
neck a combination of "M & SLR's" for close to my 60 years of shooting
assignments for my livelihood. And if LEICAS were of the price they are
today I sure as hell would've been using other types of 35mm gear.
Regardless of what others may think!

And even if I were earning the most interestingly high income from paying
assignments....... 99.9% of my income travelling about the world covering
life or events whatever they may have been? The today costs would've been
prohibitive for purchase!

TODAY? ALONG COMES A BODY type THAT WILL ACCOMODATE MY M LENSES at what
maybe affordable? Moving me back to at least three or four "M body types
known as KONOST" Not because I can "CLICK my LEICA lenses on and off as
quick and easy as doing so on a LEICA M8 BODY!" Which I do have and it's a
wonderful camera no question! And yes I'd like to have a couple?  One? of
the new M8's of today! Maybe some day?"

Hopefully I've explained myself a little clearer regarding the "simplicity
of purchasing" the KONOST camera bodies! And not the handling!
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

====