Subject: [Leica] Konost "Leica"
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:08:02 -0500

 Don't knock the idea of a simplified all electronic Leica. With current
technology it is MUCH cheaper to do things digitally than with precision
made optics and mechanical parts. An all electronic rangefinder sounds
great. No cams, prisms, movable parts. Less expense. There is no shortage of
sensor manufacturers. Numerous approaches to doing away with microlenses
have been offered. Some on this very list. Remember a camera is just a box
with a lens on one side and a sensor on the other. Almost every thing else
is negotiable. Leica doesn't have a lock on all the good optical and
electronic engineers in the world. I am told that there are a few in Japan,
the US, and maybe even in Australia.
Larry Z
- - -
This looks very interesting.
M lens mount.
No unnecessary buttons.
I really like the all digital rangefinder concept - no mirror, no?
calibration worries.

http://konost.com/

http://photorumors.com/2015/02/23/konost-ff-is-a-full-frame-digital-rangefinder-camera-that-seeks-funding/

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Konost "Leica")