Subject: [Leica] Konost "Leica" YA GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:28:45 -0800

Larry Zeitlin OFFERED:>> This looks very interesting.
>>M lens mount.
>>No unnecessary buttons.
>>I really like the all digital rangefinder concept - no mirror, no?
calibration worries.
http://konost.com/

Hi Larry, Thanks for the heads-up on this new "LEICA LIKE CAMERA?????"
Hi CREW,
What think you folks? Maybe some bright thinking people at LEICA should be
looking at a camera with these capabilities at a much lower price than what
they're charging these days???

If one thinks about this a tad and considers that this "KONOST CAMERA" uses
LEICA LENSES! No fiddling around "click and mount your Noctilux or whatever
LEICA glass" with a capture capability of >>a 20mp Full Frame CMOS image
sensor <<< It would seem?  "HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG? If the price is much lower
than a new "M LEICA?" of today?

In any event me not being a camera/equipment testing photog? However? In
this case I certainly wouldn't mind getting my hands and an eye to one of
these "KONOST" FF cameras!

Given the details other than a firm price? This may become a "MAJOR
CHALLENGING FOR LEICA??????? Simply because there isn't any extra "lens
fiddling to be done!" Other than clicking it onto the body and away you go!
One just has to love it!!!!!!! :-) Truly KISS simple! :-)  By the same token
let's hope that is true!

It does appear this is a truly "KISS CAMERA" for those who just want to take
pictures for fun and living happy without all the so called techie bells and
whistles! Truly a simple?  "SEE-CLICK" camera! :-)

Let's hope so at a reasonable price! :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted