Subject: [Leica] Statistics
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:32:55 -0400

I really don't understand what you are saying, Steve.  I bought the Fuji to
use Auto-focus.  The photos with the Fuji that are out of focus are all
because something changed on the camera.  They are not just focused on the
wrong spot.  They are totally out of focus either because manual focus was
turned on, or, for a few, because the aperture was changed to 22 and there
was not enough light.  With the 14/2.8 lens, there are at least 3 ways
to accidentally change to manual focus.  Every time I picked up the camera
some setting had changed.  Evidently my hands hit right where that MCS
switch is on the front.  It happened so many times that I had to check
every setting on the camera every time I started to use it.  With the
14/2.8 lens the collar would slip back, making the lens manual focus.  I
don't chimp that often so I sometimes took hours worth of photos before
realizing that the camera was not focusing.

When my Leica photos are out of focus it's because I couldn't see well
enough to focus the camera.  There is no auto-focus failure.

Tina