Subject: [Leica] M9 gotcha
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 11:35:27 -0700

An issue of LFI some years ago described the exact algorithm used for this
DNG compression and arguments for it being, for all practical purposes, not
detectable in final picture appearance. I'll dig the article up sometime
next week and post the algorithm and possibly the argument in its favor.

Since I consider my SD card to have infinite storage, and ditto for my
negative backup medium, I decided not to compress.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204